What are the benefits of completing an Industrial Placement?
An Industrial placement year usually occurs between your penultimate and final year of study and will typically start in the summer after your second year exams. By undertaking an Industrial Placement with a Council withing Suffolk you will:
- Develop professional skills sought after by graduate employers
- Learn more about the Public Sector, the different local government organisations within Suffolk and different roles available
- Have the opportunity to apply your academic knowledge in a practical working environment
- Gain ideas for future career pathways
To apply for the 12-month Industrial Placement Scheme you:
- Must be a penultimate student interested in a 12-month industrial placement (or willing to take a year out of studies). Recent graduates and postgraduate students are not eligible to apply
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
There is one Industrial Placement available at West Suffolk Council in 2019 - Apply now.